Raised expanded metal fence.
- Raised expanded metal fence. Expanded metal as it comes from the press after being simultaneously slit and stretched having the strands and bonds form a uniform angle to the original plane of the solid sheet from which it was formed creating an open mesh diamond making one continuous panel that cannot unravel.
- Flattened expanded metal fence. Expanded metal which has been cold rolled leaving a flat, smooth surface.
For improving the high strength, anti-climb and anti-thieves properties and retrofits of ornamental pickets and previous expanded metal fence, it can be designed into following four types:
- Chain link fence and expanded metal fence.
- Ornamental picket fence and expanded metal fence.
- Retrofits of expanded metal fence.
- Expanded metal fence construction
Expanded metal fence is installed with rails including top, bottom, and intermediate rails for adding strength and security of expanded metal mesh panels. Top rail should be installed with 8 in. below the top of the expanded metal mesh panel and the bottom rail should be installed with 8 in. above the bottom of the mesh panel. Construction of an expanded metal fence greater than 10 ft in height requires an intermediate rail.
When two panels are stacked to reach a required height, the upper panel shall overlap the lower panel and be secured to a rail.
In addition to our standard fence, we can design different types according to your use, such as expanded mesh fence with barbed wire, razor wire or bending top.
- Material: aluminum, low carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Treatment coating: painting, galvanized and PVC coating.
- Fence framework
- Fences is higher than 8 ft.
- Posts and horizontal rails accordance with F1043.
- Fittings to the framework: nuts, bolts, vertical posts and horizontal rails, post caps, barb arms, offset line rail clamps.
- Fence topping: barbed wire and barbed tape (razor wire).
- Barbed wire
- 12-4-3-14R. 12 gauge twisted strand wire, 4-point, 14 gauge barbs, spaced 3 inches on center.
- 12-4-5-14R. 12 gauge twisted strand wire, 4-point, 14 gauge barbs, spaced 5 inches on center.
- Barbed wire arms for three to six strands of barbed wire to meet the security requirement.
- Barbed tape (razor wire):
- 18/24 in. single coil helical, 0.025 in. thickness.
- 18/24/30/40/60 in. single coil concertina, 0.025 in. thickness.
- 24/30 in. double coil concertina, 0.025 in. thickness.
- Barbed wire
- Addition to expanded security fence structure:
- Anti-climb panels. Extending above the vertical portion of the fence to prevent circumvention by climbing.
- Tunneling barrier panels. Tunneling barrier panels are a below grade barrier intended to prevent tunneling and shall be installed to a specified depth and installed to the vertical fence using the specified system's attachment method.
|Item||Description||1⁄2 in.–13R||1⁄2 in.–13R (.188)||3⁄4 in.–9R||3⁄4 in.–9F||1 in.–7R (.240)||1 1⁄2 in.–6R|
|EZEMF-01||Width of Panel (ft.)||3 − 6||3 − 6||3 − 6||3 − 6||3 − 5||3 − 5|
|EZEMF-02||Height of Panel (ft.)||6 − 12||6 − 12||6 − 12||6 − 12||6 − 12||6 − 12|
|EZEMF-03||Diamond Dimensions (in.) SWD by LWD||0.500 by 1.20||0.500 by 1.20||0.923 by 2.00||0.923 by 2.10||1.00 by 2.40||1.330 by 3.00|
|EZEMF-04||Percent Open Area||57%||25%||68%||63%||52%||63%|
|EZEMF-05||Strand Thickness (in.)||0.092||0.09||0.134||0.120||0.170||0.198|
|EZEMF-06||Strand Width (in.)||0.096||0.188||0.150||0.164||0.240||0.203|
|EZEMF-07||Weight Per ft2||1.47||2.82||1.80||1.71||3.50||2.50|
|EZEMF-08||Weight Galvanized per ft2||1.73||3.1||1.95||1.86||3.70||2.73|
- High security. Expanded metal fence can control access to protective places and become barriers such as anti-ram vehicle barrier, perimeter barrier and portable barrier.
- Anti-corrosion. Expanded metal fence has three classes:
- Class 1—uncoated
- Class 2—hot-dip zinc coated (galvanized)
- Class 3—Corrosion-resisting steel
Especially class 2 and class 3 have high anti-corrosion performance.
Expanded metal fence systems for applications:
- Commercial facilities
- Industrial facilities
- governmental facilities
- institutional facilities
- where the possibility of malevolent incursion
However, this type of fence system is not recommended for residential or public recreational facilities such as pools, schools, and kindergartens.
In addition, expanded metal fence can be used for construction of new expanded metal fence systems and retrofit of chain link fences and retrofit of ornamental picket fence.
When ordering or specifying expanded metal fence systems for security applications, you should supply the following items:
- Mesh type.
- Mesh description.
- Fence height.
- Post size.
- Horizontal rails.
- Post spacing.